Out of the box, TSM does not require any additional setup or configuration for the driver. It goes to work as soon as the vehicle is turned on. TSM should be turned off while adjusting the steering trim from the TQi transmitter.
Have extra tires on hand!
While the mission at Traxxas is to build our vehicles tough to resist breakage and wear, if you like to pull the throttle trigger hard and often, expect some increased tire wire. Normally, without TSM, it can be difficult to hold full throttle for extended lengths of time, particularly when the vehicle is configured with brushless power and 3S LiPo batteries. Drivers naturally tend to back off the throttle to maintain control, which reduces tire wear. However, TSM opens the door for full throttle acceleration on practically any surface and simply-put, if you like to lay down the rubber, the tires don’t stand a chance. Keep an extra set handy, particularly if you’re driving on asphalt and concrete. Watch for new replacement tire packages from Traxxas to carry the TSM Rated decal which means they are specially prepared for excessive throttle usage!
Installation on other Traxxas models
When installing TSM into Traxxas models, it requires a Traxxas TQi radio system with the Multi Function knob. Connectivity to the Traxxas Link App (iOS or Android version) is also required in order to update the receiver firmware with a TSM profile for the specific model. Depending on the radio system, it may be necessary to purchase the TQi Traxxas Link Wireless Module to connect to a smart phone via Bluetooth. For TQ radio system, then consider Powering Up to the TQi radio system to have access to the full feature set, Traxxas long-range performance, telemetry, and Traxxas Link App compatibility. Information about Traxxas Power Up Program can be found here.
- TSM makes Traxxas vehicles easier to drive, particularly on loose surfaces
- TSM makes driving more fun by allowing the driver to accelerate harder and drive faster with much greater control
- TSM works to stabilize vehicles over rough surfaces as the gyro effect of the spinning front tires continues to “steer” when the vehicle is in the air
- TSM dramatically improves braking performance, preventing the vehicle from spinning out
- TSM allows faster cornering speeds
- TSM never restricts throttle (or fun!)
- TSM allows the driver to accelerate harder when exiting a turn
- TSM works invisibly in the background
- The driver maintains their connected feel with the vehicle
- The amount of TSM assistance is fully adjustable
- TSM can be turned off or adjusted from the TQi Transmitter
- TSM is fully compatible with Traxxas Link
- TSM does not require any complicated set up or instructions