This is a Castle Creations Phoenix Edge HV 160 50V 160-Amp ESC. The Phoenix Edge HV 160 is intended for use in helicopters ranging from 700 to 800 size, and large scale fixed wing aircraft. The onboard BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit) now eliminates the need for an external battery to power your electrical system, effectively simplifying your power system and greatly reducing the weight of your aircraft.
Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software. Castle Field Link Programming Card (sold separately) compatible for select functions.
Same Incredible Price:
The Phoenix Edge controllers deliver all of this while retaining the same astonishing prices as their predecessors.
White Auxiliary Wire:
The white auxiliary wire can be used for helicopter governor gain input adjustments mid-flight, serve as an audible beacon after an “unexpected landing”, act as an RPM output for 3-axis gyros that support RPM sensors, be used as an ESC arming lock or as a receiver arming lock.
Phoenix Edge HV 160 Specs:
- Helis: 700 or 800 Class
- Fixed wing: Giant scale
- Technical Specs:
- Input voltage: MIN: 3S LiPo MAX: 12S LiPo
- Max continuous amperage at full throttle: 160 amps*
- Size and Weight:
- Width: 2.0" (50.8mm)
- Length: 4.3" (108.4mm)
- Height: 1.2" (31.5mm)
- Weight w/wires: 8.2 oz (232.8g)
- Weight w/o wires: 5.3 oz (150.6g)
- Connectors: Battery and motor connectors sold separately
- Tools needed for installation: Soldering iron and solder to attach bullets to motor wires and battery connector to power wires.